Wednesday, February 06, 2008

You might be hearing more from me these days

I am not sure if you have heard, but I was laid off from my job a week ago. You may ask yourself, why I was laid off because I worked at an advertising agency. Well, unfortunately all of our clients are homebuilders. ALL of them. If you watch the news at all you will know that industry is not doing well. (I saw a story recently about homeowners burning down their houses to get insurance money) I am one of 7 who were laid off in the last four months.

Having never lost a job before, I was bummed out for a couple days, but now I feel pretty good about it. I know that sounds a bit odd as well, but I am getting paid to find another job. A better, more creative, higher paying job perhaps. I am very optimistic.

I would get out my "Discover me" sandwich board and march outside of Paramount, but unfortunately Paramount is a bit crowded by marchers for the WGA strike. Which I hope ends very soon. There was a rumor that it would be ending this week, but it is almost
Thursday and I still see marchers outside.

Plus, as I am looking for jobs I have more of a chance to write on my blog, which I wasn't really able to do so much anymore.

So in summary, I am very optimistic and excited to let you know more about my life here.

No comments: