Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 4-Yelapa y Mahauitas

Back to the trip again before I forget.
(This will be a heavy picture post)

Day four was the first stop at Puerto Vallarta. We chose to take a tour that left at 7 a.m., which when we signed up for it seemed perfectly reasonable, but when it came time, 7 a.m. seemed a bit too early.

We boarded the Catamaran to Yelapa y Mahauitas and saw something very unexpected.

Thar she blows!!!



(If you open this one up, you can see the whales eye)

This is just a few of the whale pictures I took. We were able to spend a lot of time whale watching. There were a few times that we got pretty close. From what I understood, this much whale activity so early in the morning was really rare.



This is a resort by where our catamaran stopped to snorkle. We did not snorkle, last time I snorkled with so many people, the view of the fish was obstructed by bright white backsides under water. We decided to enjoy the view from the ship and saw a lot of fish anyway.


After snorkling we headed another few minutes to a town called Yelapa. This town is only accessible by boat and just got electricity three years ago. They already have internet. As well as our hired tour guide, we also were accompanied by the oldest living resident of the town named Agupina, who is around 90 years old.

(The waterfall that provides the town's water)

(This is a picture of one of the resorts you can stay at)

On the way back was a going home fiesta, I danced, I laughed and I know that if ever I needed to get away from it all, I could just call Osvaldo.

No comments: