Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What I have been up to-Visiting

I have been trying to enjoy Los Angeles in between submitting for jobs. Today I went outside to enjoy the unreal weather and saw Jonah Hill and Nestor Carbonell . It has been close to 80 for two days.

Visiting:
I have had the opportunity to visit a few Los Angeles landmarks since I have been laid off. Including:
MOCA : (Museum of Contemporary Art) I saw, for free, the Murukami Exhibit A lot of you might not know who he is, but he recently collaborated with Louis Vuitton to make those classic handbags a little more colorful and fun.
The Getty :
Also free, the Getty has a very expansive and famous collection of art, including Van Goghs, Irises. I was there to see to see the Graciela Iturbide exhibit. I love Mexican photographers, they are my favorite. (At left is me pictured at the garden at the Getty.) I need to make it back there, because we barely made a dent in the Getty collection, plus they have all of these great events.
Griffith Park : I have gone hiking/picnicking about three times to Griffith. Each week the burnt area of the park looks better and better. By the way the Larchmont Wine and Cheese Shop has the best sandwiches this side of Robertson.

Speaking of visiting, I had a family visit by family last week. Beth and Katie were here last week on a road trip up the California coast. We met in Santa Monica and had dinner and chatted. It was so great to see them. What the February!?

I still haven't made it to Pinks, but I hope to visit it soon.

That's enough for this post. Up next Reading and Movies .....

1 comment:

bethmcg said...

It was so fantastic to see you and Asher. I'm still laffing about the gelato and the thought of having to "give it back". Wait - that's my sample! You both have to come out East and stay with us. We would LOVE to have you here.

Big hugs from Beth and Katie