Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I am up to again

I have been submitting to a lot of jobs and haven't had too much luck, which has got me a bit frustrated. To keep my mind off of being frustrated, I have been doing more to explore Los Angeles and its surrounding areas.

Huntington Gardens:
The Huntington was founded in 1919 by Henry E. Huntington when he signed away his San Marino estate for non-profit use. It is now home to gardens, a gallery and Library. It is a beautiful place and is so expansive that you couldn't possibly see it in one day.

Here are some photos.




Chinatown:
I finally went to Chinatown and had dim sum, something I have wanted to do for a long time. It was a lot of fun and I ate too much. I left my camera at home unfortunately. Having dim sum is a strange, but great experience. Having a team of people stroll around with carts that you can pick food off of, is a great invention. You eat instantly.

Another LA institution that I had the chance to eat at is the Apple Pan I think I just had that the best burger I have had in LA. It reminded me of my Lion's Tap days in Minneapolis. I didn't have room for pie, but I am definitely going back.

Still reading the books and I can say that the only movie I liked recently is Annie Hall, which I had never seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.