Sunday, March 21, 2010

sometimes you feel like vegging out

My favorite gluten free and vegetarian dish is this:

Take all of your favorite veggies like:
Asparagus
Mushrooms
Red and yellow peppers
zucchini
Onions (do not trim root end off)

But any farmers market finds will work

Toss them in olive oil, pepper and garlic powder. Pre-heat your oven to 375 and cook for at least a half an hour, but until you get to your desired veggie tenderness.

While you are waiting for that take that polenta that is already cooked in that tube, cut off thick pancake-like rounds and fry them up. (if you are motivated you can make polenta from scratch, but I am not that motivated)

When finished put a bit of spaghetti sauce on each disk, a bunch of veggies, sprinkle shaved Parmesan to your liking and eat happily.

(I bring home my polenta and fry it up in a pan, because I am a woman...)

No comments: