Thursday, March 04, 2010

It is that time again

Another year passes that I live here and no one has taken me up on the Oscars. Here I am in Oscar land so close that I can see it and no one comes. You talk about coming, but never do. Here I am with this awesome apartment, plenty o' room with many alarm clocks to get us up and out the door. But no, I guess you would like to watch them on t.v. with the little people.

Oh well, maybe next year.

I am on the fence about watching this year. I will be alone with no one to watch it with. (hint, hint, guilt, guilt) My roommate is at her parents house celebrating her mom's win over cancer. (Yay!)

I am excited about the hosts who are hilarious, even though Alec Baldwin did not move to Canada or France after Bush was elected to a second term and he does not put his money where his mouth is (hi, Dad)

Here is what I think:
10 films is an awful lot of films to have nominated as "Best Film". How can any film be a best film when they are all nominated?

It will be the year of the underdog and newcomer. I hope Mo'Nique wins for Precious, she was incredible, Christopher Waltz was fantastic and he made me want to go find more of his films just to watch him act. (Inglorious Basterds may be too gory for you) I hope Kathryn Bigelow shows her egomanical ex up and I want Jeff Bridges to win just because I think he is a fantastic actor.

I think that the Oscars may actually be surprising this year in its main categories.

What do you think? email me at eyemheer2@yahoo.com

No comments: