Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mistress Night

Last night Asher and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Mistress Night like usual. Why do I call it Mistress Night, well when I worked at Figlio in Minneapolis we would see a guy with one girl on the 13th and then that same guy on the 14th with what we assumed was his wife or long term lady. Since then the 13th has always been known as mistress night. Asher always works on the 14th so we celebrate on the 13th.

I was very excited to introduce Asher to the Hall Brasserie at Palihouse. A great French restaurant that makes me feel the urge to re-decorate. (Look at the pictures on the website.)

Here is what we ate:
  • crab legs with truffle aoli and indian spiced mayonaise
  • A warm goat cheese salad (a parfait of fingerling potatoes, radishes, pesto and slightly melting goat cheese) I could have eaten 4 it was so good.
  • I had roasted chicken with pomme frittes. I didn't know that chicken could melt in your mouth.
I skipped desert due to the overwhelming wheat factor.

I wish I could explain how good this meal was, but I guess I would put it this way, if I were ever on death row and I had a last meal I would have the chef at the Hall to cook it for me. Although I would probably eat a dessert and a couple loaves of french bread because hey its my last meal anyway.

I will insert a picture later, it is on Asher's camera.

On the way home we took Mulholland Drive home and took in the scenery of the Valley, Dowtown LA and Hollywood.

No comments: