Thursday, April 24, 2008

I have a way with the stars

I went to the last show of the Groundling's Swimsuit issue. If you are not familiar with the Groundling's it is a comedy theater, that produces comedy sketch shows. Many of its cast members have ended up on Saturday Night Live or other iconic comedy shows/movies like:

Phil Hartman (the main theater was renamed in his honor)
Chris Parnell
Jennifer Coolidge
Cheryl Hines
Will Farrell
Lisa Kudrow
Paul Rubens (Email me if you can name his alter ego)
Adriane Barbeau
Pat Morita

Here is my story:
As I was going up to our seats in the theater, very much like a movie theater, I did not realize that there was an additional small step to the row. (It didn't help that someone's purse was in the way.) I hit the step, pitched forward and almost fell in Kristen Wiig's lap.

That is me, tripping over and running into celebrities all across Los Angeles.

The show was very funny and many times I almost fell out of my chair. These people should be writing for SNL. Melissa McCarthy , who played Sookie on the Gilmore Girls, was in this cast and not since Chris Farley have I seen physical comedy so brilliant.

So I recommend going to see the Groundling's shows, you never know who you'll "run" into. (wink, wink)

No comments: