Friday, August 01, 2014

Setting the stage

To say that this was a last minute trip for everyone was a bit of an understatement. Tickets to buy, lodging to figure out, days off to request. From notification that I had a guest to them landing was maybe 6 weeks.

The above photo collage was from the place we rented on vrbo (a site I love, especially after recent run ins with airbnb) I am glad that I took those pictures then, because that was before the suitcases unfurled and really the only time it was dry. The rest of the weekend, except for the Sony Picture Tour, it  poured.

The house we rented was just a couple blocks off of Sunset and La Brea, close to Hollywood and Highland. It was cute, from the 1920s with builtin bookshelves and buffets, a gourmet kitchen, and great details. There are more photos of it on my mom's camera, but I couldn't load them onto my ipad, so on her camera they will stay.

A couple interesting facts is that the coffee table book in the house was written by the owner of the house that I stayed in for my 35th birthday, also through vrbo. (ok, maybe I just find that interesting) and secondly the owner said that Phillip Seymour Hoffman would stay there when he would film in Los Angeles. He had just passed recently when we stayed in the house.

BTW California is currently experiencing a drought so if any of you want to come visit, maybe we can get Jerry Brown to cover the ticket.

No comments: