Sunday, August 31, 2014

drowned out plans

In keeping with the Hollywood/Oscars theme, I had really great things planned for Saturday. I haven't really taken my family to downtown L.A. before and since living so close for two plus years I had really grown to love it. Downtown Los Angeles has a lot of hidden gems and a lot of history to tell.

At 10:00 a.m. I had planned for us to go on the Art Deco tour that the L.A. Consevancy gives and see great architecture and pass by theaters that used to have grand Hollywood premiers. I had planned for us to visit a French cafe and sipped lattes and snacked on macarons while people watching.Then wander over to the Fashion Distict to the FIDM museum where they had all of the costumes on display from the films nominated in the best costume category.

It would have ended with The Chanel or a McQueen at the Pattern Bar, but instead it rained and we did none of these things.

 

No comments: