Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sometimes....

Sometimes you have to travel south to go back in time. ( I learned this from Jose Luis Borges)

I tagged along on a trip to San Diego. Traffic was bad because it was also the weekend of Coachella. (a music festival that I would classify as Woodstock for hipsters) Since it was taking forever for a 2 hour trip we decided to make a couple of side trips. Leslie and I talked about tastes that remind us of being a kid, her's is Swiss Orange Chip ice cream from Swensen's Which we recreated at Coffee Bean with an ice-blended orange mocha.

When we entered Buena Park, CA, I turned to her and asked her..

"Have you ever had a Chicago Dog before"
"Like the one at Pink's" She asked.
I laughed and said "No one at Pink's has ever been to Chicago."

And we drove to Portillo's. Yes, the Chicago chain has finally made it to LA.



Leslie said it was the best hot dog she had ever had and talked about it for days. Me, I was lost in the nostalgic moments and happiness that a Chicago Dog brings me.

Happiness is a warm bun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute top. I would like a Chicago Dog just about now. I wonder if Joey D's is still good?

-Co